Since the last time I wrote, I’ve come up with some new things, and where there’s new products, there’s a new regiment in my bathroom. I still love using scrubs on my face and body but this has been switched up a bit. And Suprise! A new mask that I’m going to teach you to make!
Just a few nights ago I was inspired by that favorite charcoal mask of mine and came up with an Activated Bamboo Charcoal and Sea Salt Body Scrub. Use it in the shower all over your body and detox, even skin tone and renew your whole body. Rub onto skin in slow, circular motions. The salt scrub will remove dead skin cells, revealing soft, smooth skin, while the coconut oil will penetrate the skin deep to hydrate. Charcoal powder gives skin a deep clean, detoxifies, and removes any impurities/bumps.Use the salt scrub 2-3 times a week for perfect, soft skin! But remember, this is made for your body, not your face. The mask is specifically designed and gentle enough for your face.
I’ve been using my White Grapefruit and Sweet Orange Salt Scrub for my face to keep it clear and open up the pores to get it read for the mask I’m about to teach you to make!
In a small bowl mix:
2 parts baking soda
1 pat raw honey
mix together until they are a paste and will stay stuck to your face. You can also alter the ingredients to your liking. Leave on for 20 minutes. This honey mask is amazing because:
* Honey is a humectant and contains anti-bacterial properties to help get rid of bacteria on your skin that can cause acne and other skin imperfections.
* Sugar is a natural source of glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) that penetrates the skin and breaks down the bonds of dead skin cells, encouraging cell turnover and generating fresh skin layer.
* The enzymes in raw honey clarify skin and keep pores clear and clean and also it is loaded with antioxidants, enzymes, and other nutrients that nourish and hydrate skin.
* Honey is said to even skin tone, and its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial compounds help to decrease the appearances of scars and increase healing and tissue regeneration.
* Baking soda is a natural cleanser
When all this cleansing is said and done, I use my favorite Lavender and Lemon Essential Oil Body Butter to soothe my skin and I feel completely revived and brand new. I can’t wait for you guys to try it. And if you’re wondering, the Charcoal Scrub is on sale now at http://www.etsy.com/shop/allycatsalley as well as all my other products !